Sherwood Barks Dog Training has stepped up to sponsor ALL the prizes for the National Junior Dog Agility Championships. Every competitor will get a keepsake t-shirt and those placing will earn a rosette, with additional prizes going to the winners in both age Categories, in Mini and Maxi heights.
Thank you so much to Sherwood Barks for your sponsorship of this event!
The future of our sport lies with our juniors, we are very proud to be bringing a Junior event to the AAC Nationals weekend. It is through events like this one we can give special recognition to our Juniors; and we are looking forward to offering this wonderful opportunity for future World Champions to compete with other up and coming Juniors, on a National level.
Please help us support all of our Junior Handling Teams in this first National Championship.
- 2 round event (1 Standard and 1 Jumpers)
- Combined score (Faults then weighted time bonus)
- Open to all Juniors Handlers 18 and under
- Two Divisions
Youth (handler 12 and under) – Judged under Junior Advanced rules
Open (handler over 12 and under 19) – Judged under Junior Masters rules
- Handlers may not be entered more than once
- Dogs may not be entered more than once
- Handlers and Dogs do not need to be entered in the AAC National Championships to enter
- Handlers and Dogs do not need to have qualified at a Regional Championship to enter
- Handlers do not need to be registered with the AAC, but must have earned the equivalent of an Advanced leg (in any agility organization) (does not need to be with the dog they are competing with)
- Dogs do not need to be registered with the AAC, but must have earned the equivalent of at least one Advanced leg
- Dogs can jump their regulation height, or 1 height lower
- Regulation equipment will include single non wing jumps; single wing jumps; flexible tunnel; collapsible tunnel; dogwalk; teeter; frame (set at 5 feet); weaves (set of 6 or 12); tire. (There will be no broad / long / double jump or table)
- Dog does not need to be owned by the Junior or the Junior’s family
- All Junior Competitors will receive a T-Shirt in honour of the event
- Winners in each Division will receive a Special Rosette and Prize.
- More prizes may be available, depending on entry numbers
- Entry fee for the event (includes both rounds) $25
- There will be a special entry form posted on the AAC Nationals website. This must be submitted by the closing date listed on the entry form to be eligible to compete
- Date of birth is established by age on Dec 31, 2013.