How would you like a front row seat at the most prestigious, fast paced dog agility event in the country!
From August 1 – 4, Dynamo Dogsports and the Agility Association of Canada, are proud to be hosting the 2013 Canadian National Dog Agility Championships in the beautiful William F. Lede Park in Leduc, Alberta.
It’s going to be a very exciting event, as we welcome over 500 of the top dog/handler teams from across Canada, who will show off their skill and teamwork on a number of tough and technical agility courses over the weekend, ending in the crowning of 15 National Dog Agility Champions.
This event is 100% volunteer based, and we cannot run this event without the help and support of local volunteers.
If you have some time (as little as ½ day) on that holiday weekend and would like to help, we would love to hear from you – absolutely no experience necessary!
Some examples of things that we need people to help with:
- Volunteer and Competitor Registration: You would be sitting at the registration table and checking in participants and volunteers at the beginning of the event.
- Ring Crew: you will be positioned very close to the action, and be placing lightweight jump bars at different heights occasionally.
- Leash Runner: you will take the competitors dogs leash and walk it to the other side of the ring while the dog is running the course
- Scribe Assistant: you will sit close to the competition ring and help with sorting of the results sheets.
- Raffle coordinators: you will help to sort, organize, and draw raffle prizes for volunteers
- Public relations/Security: you will man one of the entrances to the event and help to ensure that competitors have their wristbands to access the competitor only areas, and help direct those who are not sure where to go.
There are many perks … a goodie bag full of fun stuff, a special event t-shirt, snacks, tickets to our huge special volunteer raffle, the appreciation of hundreds of competitors, and most importantly, a front row seat to the best dog agility action in the country. There will also be a fun volunteer training day beforehand, so that you can get first-hand experience!
So if you are available during the August 1-4 long weekend, please consider coming out to help!
See you there!