The Canadian Classic will be held at the William F Lede Sports Fields, in the heart of Leduc, a picturesque town just 10 minutes away from the Edmonton International Airport.
Set on the shore of Telford lake, William F. Lede Park is both beautiful and functional, with lots of dog friendly areas surrounding the trial site, including
- docks for diving into the lake beside the park,
- a 2 acre fenced community off leash area, and
- lots of dog friendly walking trails around the lake.
Competitors with some extra time can even rent a boat for $10 and take their puppy out for a relaxing outing, or refreshing swim in the Lake.
Lede Park is also home to a brand new Recreation Centre with a swimming pool, exercise areas, child play areas, and loads of other amenities.
If visitors want to take in some of other attractions in the area they can also check out
- Leduc #1 Energy Discovery Centre
- The Amazing Corn Maze
- Alberta Heritage Exposition Park
- Numerous golf courses including Pioneer Meadows, Redtail Landing, Whitemud Creek and Eagle Rock
- Fort Edmonton Park
- Edmonton Valley Zoo
- World Famous West Edmonton Mall
Leduc is located approximately 15 minutes south of Edmonton, Alberta. Directions to the venue are provided from Highway 2.
- Take Exit 517 for Alberta Highway 39 towards Drayton Valley/Leduc City Centre
- Go East at the top of the exit – (Southbound people, that’s a left turn onto 50 Street / Northbound people, keep right at the fork, follow signs for Leduc and go East onto 50 Avenue
- Turn right onto 46 Street (immediately after the railroad tracks)
- Turn left onto 47 Avenue
- Turn left onto 44 Street
- Turn right onto 48 Avenue
- William F. Lede Park and the Leduc Crude Rugby Club will be on your right
Same location as the 2013 Canadian National Dog Agility Championships (an event that was also hosted by Dynamo Dogsports)